All you need is your email address and a smartphone to be able to download the app.
- Enter online
- Select the distance you wish to run, and a link will be sent to your email address provided.
- Click to access the link, fill in your details (name/nationality/age) and claim your personalised race number.
- Lastly, claim your profile ‘avatar’. (A graphic that will show your progress along the route on an interactive map.)The planned ‘virtual’ route follows the exact ‘real route’ through Victoria Falls.
The installed app tracks your route and implements it into the Vic Falls route, passing all the actual points you would pass if you were in Vic Falls. Some highlights along the route are:
- Crossing the famous bridge in the spray of the falls
- Running along the Zambezi River,
- Running into the Victoria Falls National park.
You can switch between your ‘home’ map/route and see where you are on the Vic Falls route. Its REAL-TIME live-tracking and properly timed results will be published once you have completed your chosen distance.
The real stand out for us is that at certain points along the virtual route, your phone will alert you to places of interest, sights and sounds normally enjoyed along the Vic Falls route, including messages from our sponsors and some virtual surprises!
You can run with your friends, or get your family to follow you real-time as you are out on the course.
If you belong to a running club, get everyone to take part and compete against each other!
You can even compete against people overseas – there is a 24-hour window in which to complete your race.
This is the perfect opportunity to experience the “actual route“, in preparation for coming to visit the real event next year (July 2021). And, as an incentive to join us then, we have some great event travel prizes, and a “virtual goodie bag“ packed with great discounts in the Falls at next year’s event – from adventure activities, boat cruises, craft beers, meal discounts and accommodation.
So pick your distance (7.5km fun run; a 21km two-person relay; a 21.1km half marathon and of course the 42.2km full marathon), challenge your friends and start training!
For further information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org